location settings for Django Uwsgi Nginx Configuration for production

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun Sep 17 17:33:09 UTC 2017

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 09:16:12AM -0400, sandyman wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm back to where I started.  I added to my config
>
> location = /test-this/ { return 200 "Yes, this is correct\n"; }
>
> I stopped and started nginx , and restarted the server
>
> and then requesting http://www.sandyman.xyz/test-this/
>
> I get the 404

That says that the nginx.conf that the running nginx is actually using
is not the nginx.conf that you are editing.

Until you can edit the correct section of the file, you will not be able
to fix things.

> Request URL:http://www.asandhu.xyz/test-this/

Note that "sandyman" and "asandhu" are not the same thing.

Perhaps you are not connecting to the IP address that you want to be
connecting to?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org