I can't access to archives of my mailman lists :

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Sep 18 22:20:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:26:37PM +0200, Ph. Gras wrote:

Hi there,

> :/etc/nginx/sites-available# curl -I http://poste.enpret.com/pipermail/rs-idf-discuter/index.html
> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

>         location /pipermail {
> 		alias /var/lib/mailman/archives/public;

What do each of the following show? (If "Z" is not liked by your "ls",
repeat the commands without it.) Does the user that your nginx runs as
have at least "x" access to every directory, and "r" to the final file?

ls -lLdZ /
ls -lLdZ /var
ls -lLdZ /var/lib
ls -lLdZ /var/lib/mailman
ls -lLdZ /var/lib/mailman/archives
ls -lLdZ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public
ls -lLdZ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/rs-idf-discuter
ls -lLZ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/rs-idf-discuter/index.html

> Does someone have an idea of this trouble ?

>From what you have shown, if your nginx user is not "list"
or in the group "list", it will possibly not have access to
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org