AW: Scaling nginx caching storage

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 14:34:24 UTC 2017

> After some researching i've decided to go with individual nginx
> nodes for now . If we encounter too much request to our
> upstream, i'm gonna set up the multi layer architecture you
> mentioned probably

While multi layers of nginx cache may help with bandwidth, it
wastes huge amount of storage while caching the same object
on multiple layers.

What I'd suggest instead is setup a load balancer with URI hashing
in front of it, so the cache hit ratio is as high as possible without
multiple layers caching the same object.

Lukas