Is grpc keepalive supported ?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Apr 2 12:49:36 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 03:47:12AM -0400, bcoz123 wrote:

> If there are multiple grpc clients in the front,
> Does nginx reuse the same connection to the backend grpc server?
> By my test, it seems not.
> In my opinion, http2 can support that.
> And it can save resourses by avoid creating new tcp connection for each grpc
> request,
> Will you plan to support that in the future ?

Connections to backend grpc servers are not bound to particular
clients, and if there are cached keepalive connections, they will
be used for any client request.

We don't try to multiplex serveral requests within a single
backend connection though.  There are no plans to support this.

http://mdounin.ru/