Nginx not respecting locations execution ordering

c0nw0nk nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Apr 17 22:35:23 UTC 2018

Thank you for the help :)

A new dilemma has occurred from this.

I add a location like so.

location ^~/media/files/ {
add_header X-Location-Order First;
}
location ~ \.mp4$ {
add_header X-Location-MP4 Served-from-MP4-location;
}
location ~*
\.(ico|png|jpg|jpeg|gif|flv|mp4|avi|m4v|mov|divx|webm|ogg|mp3|mpeg|mpg|swf|css|js)$
{
add_header X-Location-Order Second;
}

How can i make it so my MP4 location is not overridden by the
^~/media/files/ location.

I would like the responses to be like this.

Header response is X-Location-Order: First

Header response is X-Location-MP4: Served-from-MP4-location

Header response is X-Location-Order: Second

How can I achieve that is it possible to have a location inside a location ?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,279504,279506#msg-279506