Monitoring http returns

Liu Lantao liulantao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:28:22 UTC 2018

Author here :) Thanks Oscar.

With `accounting` module, the metrics such as status codes, rates, and
response time are logged,
you can let it write to a local file, or (by default) via syslog to forward
them to remote host/app.

Another way is use ELK stack, document here:
https://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fchenlinux.com%2F2014%2F02%2F19%2Fngx-accounting-to-logstash%2F

> Perhaps this can be useful for you: https://github.com/Lax/nginx-
> http-accounting-module
>
> Kind regards,
> Oscar
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 6:19 AM, Jeff Abrahamson <jeff at p27.eu> wrote:
>
>> I want to monitor nginx better: http returns (e.g., how many 500's, how
>> many 404's, how many 200's, etc.), as well as request rates, response
>> times, etc.  All the solutions I've found start with "set up something to
>> watch and parse your logs, then ..."
>>
>> Here's one of the better examples of that:
>>
>> https://www.scalyr.com/community/guides/how-to-monitor-
>> nginx-the-essential-guide
>>
>> Perhaps I'm wrong to find this curious.  It seems somewhat heavy and
>> inefficient to put this functionality into log watching, which means
>> another service and being sensitive to an eventual change in log format.
>>
>> Is this, indeed, the recommended solution?
>>
>> And, for my better understanding, can anyone explain why this makes more
>> sense than native nginx support of sending UDP packets to a monitor
>> collector (in our case, telegraf)?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Jeff Abrahamson
>> +33 6 24 40 01 57
>> +44 7920 594 255
>> http://p27.eu/jeff/

> --
> Oscar Fernandez Sierra
> oscaretu at gmail.com

Liu Lantao
EMAIL: liulantao ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com
WEBSITE: http://blog.liulantao.com