Flask app with virtual Python environment in Unit 1.1 ?

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Sun Apr 29 15:06:51 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 29 April 2018 17:10:08 MSK Ralph Seichter wrote:
[..]
> Here's my minimal wsgi.py:
>
>   # /var/www/myapp/wsgi.py
>   import mypackage
>   if __name__ == "__main__":
>       mypackage.run()
>
> The Flask application object is defined in mypackage.__init__.py:
>
>   app = Flask(__name__)
>
> NGINX Unit does not know about the virtual Python environment at this
> time, and I don't know how I can set the required library paths. Can
> somebody please point me in the right direction?

[..]

You can set a path to Python virtual environment using the "home"
parameter of application object.

    "myapp": {
        "type": "python",
        "module": "wsgi",
        "user": "nginx",
        "group": "nginx",
        "path": "/var/www/myapp",
        "home": "/path/to/your/venv/directory"
    }

Please also note that your application callable need to be named
"application" (not "app").  That can be easily achievable by:

  application = app

in your wsgi.py

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev