Flask app with virtual Python environment in Unit 1.1 ?

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Sun Apr 29 21:03:00 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 29 April 2018 19:02:47 MSK Ralph Seichter wrote:
[..]
> My application can now be called via NGINX -> NGINX Unit -> App, which
> is exactly what wanted. It also requires certain environment variables
> to be set, and I am now wondering how to pass these on? I found the
> enhancement request https://github.com/nginx/unit/issues/12 but since
> this feature does not seem to be implemented yet, what is the
> recommended method to pass env variables to Unit workers?

[..]

Unfortunately, the only way right now is to set them for the main process
(when unitd is executed) or in the application code.

Also, you can pass custom data from nginx using headers.

Setting environment variables through API is planned for the next release
in June.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev