Installed WP in a subdir, can access wp-admin, but URLs are getting re-written without the subdir PATH. Where do I set this?

aclion at yepmail.net aclion at yepmail.net
Mon Apr 30 20:35:08 UTC 2018

I've installed WP in a site subdir.

I can now access wp-admin pages at the expected URL.

Sort of.  I can get there manually, but my site config keeps redirecting, stripping URLs of the subdir path to WordPress.

My config now has

	wp-config.php
		<?php
			define('WP_HOME',   'https://test.example.com/blog');
			define('WP_SITEURL','https://test.example.com/blog');

and for Nginx

	location ^~ /blog {
		root /srv/www/test/wp/public;

		index index.php;
		try_files $uri $uri/ /blog/index.php?$args;

		location ~ \.php$ {
			try_files $uri =404;
			include fastcgi_params;
			fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $request_filename;
			fastcgi_pass phpfpm;
			fastcgi_index index.php;

	location / {
		root /srv/www/test/public;

		index index.php;
		try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;

		location ~ \.php {
			try_files $uri =404;
			include fastcgi_params;
			fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
			fastcgi_pass phpfpm;
			fastcgi_index index.php;

I visit

	https://test.example.com/blog/wp-admin/plugins.php

It displays the correct page, the "Plugins" admin page.  But the apparent URL (in the browser nav bar) is

	https://test.example.com/

is missing the "/blog/wp-admin/plugins.php" part of the path.

AND links in the left nav bar are too.
For example, the link for 'Pages' shows on hover

	https://test.example.com/edit.php?post_type=page

Click on it gives the expected

	404 Not Found

But a MANUAL visit to

	https://test.example.com/blog/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=page

again gets me to the right page, with the URL displayed 'stripped' as

	https://test.example.com/?post_type=page

I need to tell 'something' -- in WP or Nginx config I guess -- to use that path.

Question is: what?

AC