sub_filter not working on JSON file

Friscia, Michael michael.friscia at yale.edu
Thu Aug 2 13:46:35 UTC 2018

I’m trying to figure out why my sub_filter is not working on a JSON file. I do have application/json and text/json listed in the sub_filter_types but the simple string replace is not happening. It causes me to think that for whatever reason, Nginx is not seeing this file as JSON. Is there a way to output what mime type the file from the upstream server is so I can make sure I have the right filter type?

Or, is there something I should also be doing to make the sub_filter work on a JSON file?

Michael Friscia
Office of Communications
Yale School of Medicine
(203) 737-7932 - office