[nginx]access log and error log

桐山 健太郎 kiriyama.kentaro at tis.co.jp
Tue Aug 28 00:49:07 UTC 2018

Hello,

I’m suffering a problem with access.log and error.log for nginx.service on RHEL 7.4.

The problem is either access.log and error.log are not recording the log.

To solve this issue, I have tried multiple time changing logrotation setting for nginx.

Below is the setting of logrotation for nginx.service.(/etc/logrotate.d/nginx)

/var/log/nginx/*.log {
        daily
        missingok
        rotate 7
        compress
        create 644 nginx adm
        sharedscripts
        postrotate
                if [ -f /var/run/nginx.pid ]; then
                        kill -USR1 'cat /var/run/nginx.pid'
                        fi
        endscript
}

By the way, the log will start recording on both log files after restarting the nginx.service.

I would like to know the issue on here and how to solve it.

Regards,
Kentaro