Serve multiple requests from a single proxy request

traquila nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Aug 31 09:02:21 UTC 2018

Hello,
I'm wondering if nginx is able to serve multiple requests from a single
proxy request before it completes.

I am using the following configuration:

    proxy_cache_lock on;
    proxy_cache_lock_timeout 5s;
    proxy_cache ram;
    proxy_pass myUpstream;

My upstream uses chunked transfer encoding and serve the request in 10 sec.
Now if I try to send 2 requests to nginx, the first one starts responding
immediately but the second will starts 5 sec later (lock timeout) and then
perform a second request to my upstream.

Is there a way to configure nginx to immediately respond to multiple
requests with a single request to my upstream?

Thank you in advance,
Traquila

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281058,281058#msg-281058