Can Nginx only cache reponse body while excluding some response headers?

yf chu cyflhn at 163.com
Sun Dec 2 10:29:33 UTC 2018

We all know that the cache feature in Nginx will cache all response content generated by upstream server. But I wonder whether there is a solution that only the response body is cached by Nginx while some response headers should not be cached and should be sent to client directly .I know that Nginx provides some cache-bypassing directives such as "proxy_no_cache","proxy_cache_bypass". These directives are not suitable for me as the hits pecentage will drop significantly if these directives are configured.