The problem of "client prematurely closed connection while processing HTTP/2 connection"

yf chu cyflhn at 163.com
Fri Dec 14 03:17:29 UTC 2018

I was haunted recently by the problem that some of our customers were complaining that they often see that the web page could not be opened because of connection reset.  This issue did not occur very frequently, but rather bothering.  It often occurs after a POST request was sent to server. Then I looked into this issue and checked the logs in Nginx. I found that in error.log, it often shows that "client prematurely closed connection while processing HTTP/2 connection". When I logon to our cutsomer's computer, I found it's hard to reproduce this issue.  I know it has something to do with network, Nginx could not read more data on the socket. But how should I find the reason for this problem? What is reason of the tcp connection reset. The Nginx version I use is 1.12.2.