Response Header IF statement problem

Friscia, Michael michael.friscia at yale.edu
Wed Feb 14 15:01:49 UTC 2018

Thank you Roman, but this raises a different question, if I want to base this on the value and not the existence, is that still possible?

Michael Friscia
Office of Communications
Yale School of Medicine
(203) 737-7932 - office
(203) 931-5381 - mobile
http://web.yale.edu <http://web.yale.edu/>

On 2/14/18, 10:00 AM, "nginx on behalf of Roman Arutyunyan" <nginx-bounces at nginx.org on behalf of arut at nginx.com> wrote:

    Hi Michael,

    On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 02:09:57PM +0000, Friscia, Michael wrote:
    > I’m at a loss on this. I am working on a cache problem where some pages need to be bypassed and others will be cached. So the web server is adding a response header (X-Secured-Page). I’ve tried multiple combinations of
    > $http_x_secured_page and $sent_http_x_secured_page and even though I see the header when I inspect the page, the IF statements inside the location block are not getting fired off.
    >
    > What could I possibly be doing wrong?

    If you want to disable caching for a specific response, you can use the
    proxy_no_cache directive.  Pass it $upstream_http_x_secured_page if you want
    to disable caching of responses having this HTTP header.

    Using "if" directive for analyzing output headers like $sent_http_x_secured_page
    will not work since "if" is evaluated at an early request processing stage
    (rewrite phase) and no output is normally created by this time.

    --
    Roman Arutyunyan