Dynamic nginx configuration without reloading

House Lee hlee at vendasta.com
Mon Jan 1 06:07:04 UTC 2018

Hi All,

We are currently building a shared hosting platform for parts of our clients. We are using nginx as our web servers running on the nodes.

Everything works fine. However, we discovered that when we are hosting more than a certain amount of sites (typically around 300 conf files), reloading nginx conf is extremely slow.

Is there a way to dynamically configure nginx (e.g. adding/removing server blocks) without reloading nginx?

Thanks & Best Regards
House