limit_req is not working in virutal location?

pva nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Jan 11 17:22:56 UTC 2018

Hi, Maxim.

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> That's because try_files is not a mechanism to "conditionally select
> configurations"[1] like the rewrite module directives (including
> "return"), but rather a way to choose which file will be used for
> request processing.  As such, try_files checks happen right before
> actually returning the response, after various access checks and
> limits.

I see, thank you. Do I understand correctly, that the following example in
documentation
https://nginx.ru/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#try_files
is not strictly correct:

 In the following example,

    location / {
        try_files $uri $uri/ @drupal;
    }

the try_files directive is equivalent to

    location / {
        error_page 404 = @drupal;
        log_not_found off;

These directives are not equivalent since limits are not applied in the
second case. Right?

--
Peter.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,278101,278121#msg-278121