Reverse Proxy Prompt for Client Certificate?

Richard Stanway r1ch+nginx at teamliquid.net
Tue Jul 3 15:21:00 UTC 2018

I don't think this is possible. By the time you know the client wishes to
request the /winac location, the SSL session has already been established,
at which point the server can no longer send a ClientCertificateRequest.

Using the stream module to proxy the whole connection may work, but
obviously this prevents changing functionality at the HTTP level.
http://nginx.org/en/docs/stream/ngx_stream_proxy_module.html