status/usage of FRiCKLE/ngx_cache_purge. still reliable? alternatives?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:38:30 UTC 2018

On 6/6/18 11:31 PM, Jon Franklin wrote:
> You can try this:
> https://github.com/nginx-modules/ngx_cache_purge

Thx!  I'd aptly managed to not find/notice that fork.

Does address the 'stale' development status.  Still, leaves some of the
concerns about nginx ABI, etc. mentioned earlier.
I'll set up a test instance and take it all for a spin.

OTOH, I've setup a Varnish instance in front of WP.  As predicted, it's
straightforward.

And, the test WP site 'feels' a *lot* more responsive than using the
FastCGI cache alternative.

I've no quantitative benchmarks ... yet ... and I've not yet run all the
'Canary' tests I need to by any stretch.  But it certainly looks promising.