increase video image size

neuronetv nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Jun 7 16:09:01 UTC 2018

I use ffmpeg to stream a live video from my home to a vps running nginx. The
video size coming from source (home) is 320x180. Is there any way nginx can
inflate the video image? Can it be done in the nginx.conf file? This is my
nginx.conf file:

worker_processes  1;
error_log  logs/error.log debug;
events {
worker_connections  1024;
}
rtmp {
server {
listen 1935;
allow play all;

#creates our "live" full-resolution HLS videostream from our incoming
encoder stream and tells where to put the HLS video manifest and video
fragments
application live {
allow play all;
live on;
record all;
record_path /video_recordings;
record_unique on;
hls on;
hls_nested on;
hls_path /HLS/live;
hls_fragment 10s;

}

#creates our "mobile" lower-resolution HLS videostream from the
ffmpeg-created stream and tells where to put the HLS video manifest and
video fragments
application mobile {
allow play all;
live on;
hls on;
hls_nested on;
hls_path /HLS/mobile;
hls_fragment 10s;
}

#allows you to play your recordings of your live streams using a URL like
"rtmp://my-ip:1935/vod/filename.flv"
application vod {
play /video_recordings;

http {
include       mime.types;
default_type  application/octet-stream;

server {
listen 90;
server_name 192.168.254.178;

#creates the http-location for our full-resolution (desktop) HLS stream -
"http://my-ip/live/my-stream-key/index.m3u8"
location /live {
types {
application/vnd.apple.mpegurl m3u8;
}
alias /HLS/live;
add_header Cache-Control no-cache;
}

#creates the http-location for our mobile-device HLS stream -
"http://my-ip/mobile/my-stream-key/index.m3u8"
location /mobile {
types {
application/vnd.apple.mpegurl m3u8;
}
alias /HLS/mobile;
add_header Cache-Control no-cache;
}

#allows us to see how stats on viewers on our Nginx site using a URL like:
"http://my-ip/stats"
location /stats {
stub_status;
}

#allows us to host some webpages which can show our videos:
"http://my-ip/my-page.html"
location / {
root   html;
index  index.html index.htm;

I got this nginx.conf file off the internet because it worked in streaming
video to mobile phones. The videao stream in question is:
http://198.91.92.112:90/mobile/index.m3u8. If I paste this url into google
chrome it plays but it's small. Is there any way to modify this url so
chrome plays a larger image? I know google chrome has a zoom function under
settings but I'd like to do this with minimal fuss to the viewer. Thanks for
any help.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,280079,280079#msg-280079