Files still on disc after inactive time

Grzegorz Ćwikliński nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Mar 21 09:52:20 UTC 2018

Hello,

As you said before killing nginx worker is connected with third party module
which is Linux kernel Out Of Memory killer.

Because nginx is using too much memory OOM killer score is about 800-900
point where 1000 is maximum, which is why kernel is killing out nginx
worker, and after that files in tmp catalog are not deleted and disc is
full.

About configuration, we are storing 40GB cache because size of files which
are stored is about 700MB to 1GB and stored for 1d. Our machines have 24GB
and at some time nginx uses 22GB-23GB, and after that OOM killer start and
kill our worker.

My question is why nginx is using so much RAM, and how to prevent nginx from
using so much RAM. Or other possibilities to stop killing nginx worker.

Best Regards,
Grzegorz Ćwikliński

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,278589,279138#msg-279138