Regex in proxy_hide_header

bmrf nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed May 2 13:14:58 UTC 2018

Oleg A. Mamontov Wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 09:34:04AM +0000, bmrf wrote:
> >Hi list,
> >
> >I was trying to unset/delete a header using proxy_hide_header. The
> problem
> >is that the header name is always unknown, but it has always the same
> >pattern, it starts with several whitespaces followed by random
> characters,
> >something like \s+\w+
> >
> >If regex is not supported at proxy_hide_header, as it seems it is,
> is there
> >any other way to accomplish this?
>
> Probably it makes sense to take a look:
> https://github.com/openresty/headers-more-nginx-module#more_clear_head
> ers
>
> "The wildcard character, *, can also be used at the end of the header
> name to specify a pattern."

The header I need to delete is always different, each time a request is done
it is different and alway with this weird patter  \s+\w+. (4 whitespaces
followed by 8 random characters)

Some real examples, it's cut to 1 whitespace character, but there're 4:

"     XkIOPalY"
"    peYhKOlx"
"    KpyTKolq"

So using headers-more-nginx-module wildcard character, *, at the end of the
header name does not help here. Anyway, thank you and if you have any other
suggestion it's more than welcome.