Connect to NGINX reverse proxy through proxy

Ajay Sonawane Ajay_Sonawane at symantec.com
Mon May 7 05:15:34 UTC 2018

I am using NGINX as a HTTPS reverse proxy and load balancer. My clients are able to connect to reverse proxy using SSL and reverse proxy is able to terminate SSL connection and establish a new connection with backend server, data exchange is also happening.

Now I am trying to setup a proxy between a client and NGINX.  I am using SQUID proxy in between. I have enabled proxy protocol on nginx using

        listen 443  ssl proxy_protocol;

        proxy_protocol on;

Still my client is not able to connect to NGINX through proxy. Is there anything else I need to do.

Ajay