inheritance of proxy_http_version and proxy_set_header

Joe Doe jfjm2002 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:32:51 UTC 2018

I have many multiple mirrors for incoming request. To keep the config
clean, I set:
  proxy_http_version 1.1;
  proxy_set_header "";

in the http context. This worked for us (verified keep-alive is working),
and it will inherit to all the mirror proxy_pass.

However, I recently added a mirror that used https, and I notice these
settings no longer inherit to this mirror. At least keep-alive was not
working. To address this, I had to add these 2 settings into the location
specific to the mirror. (adding to the server context didn't work either)

According to the documentation, these 2 settings can be in http, server and
location context. And I assume if it's in http context, it would inherit to
all the sub-blocks (and it did work for all the other http mirrors). Is
this assumption incorrect and I should add these 2 settings to all the
locations where I want to use keep-alive?