Possible to use RHEL / CentOS repo on Fedora 28?

Danny Horne danny at trisect.uk
Thu May 10 09:34:27 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm running Fedora 28 Server, and in the default repos Nginx is lagging
behind at 1.12.1, I found the following on the Nginx website -

To set up the yum repository for RHEL/CentOS, create the file named
|/etc/yum.repos.d/nginx.repo| with the following contents:

    [nginx]
    name=nginx repo
    baseurl=http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/OS/OSRELEASE/$basearch/
    gpgcheck=0
    enabled=1

Replace “|OS|” with “|rhel|” or “|centos|”, depending on the
distribution used, and “|OSRELEASE|” with “|6|” or “|7|”, for 6.x or 7.x
versions, respectively.

Could I set up this repo to upgrade Nginx?  And if so, what would I use
for OS and OSRELEASE?

Thanks for looking