Nginx Rate limiting for HTTPS requests

rickGsp nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed May 16 09:00:20 UTC 2018

Thanks for responding Maxim. I understood what you are pointing at. Yes I
have taken care of time measurement. Actually my test runs for 60 seconds
and in total I expect 6000 requests returning 200 status with rate limit
configured at 100r/s. However I see 9000 requests returning 200 status which
means 150 req/sec.

Shall I expect that even for HTTPS, rate limiting should work as perfectly
as plain HTTP case. If yes, I am just wondering if there is something I am
missing while configuring Nginx rate limiting for HTTPS.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,279802,279814#msg-279814