Nginx Directory Listing - Restrict by IP Address

Sathish Kumar satcse88 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 01:39:03 UTC 2018

Hi Igor,

I tried your config and getting error, can you help me.

location / {

alias /downloads/;
    root /data/files;
    autoindex on;

    if ($forbidlisting) {
        rewrite ^/(.*) /noindex_root/$1 last;

location /noindex_root/ {
    internal;
    alias /downloads/;
}

nginx: [emerg] "root" directive is duplicate, "alias" directive was
specified earlier in domain.conf

Thanks & Regards
Sathish.V