Securing the HTTPS private key

Robert Paprocki rpaprocki at fearnothingproductions.net
Wed Nov 14 20:21:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

You might want to consider something like OpenResty, which allows for serving certificates on the fly with Lua logic. You can use this to fetch cert/key material via Vault or some other secure data store that can be accessed via TCP (or you could also keep the encrypted private key on-disk and fetch the secret at worker initialization via some Lua logic). See https://github.com/openresty/lua-resty-core/blob/master/lib/ngx/ssl.md for an example of the former.