njs and subrequests

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Thu Nov 22 20:11:43 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 18 November 2018 18:06:27 MSK Antoine Bonavita wrote:
> Hello Valentin,
>
> And thank you for your prompt answer. Writing such a http client and making
> it available is probably a pretty big work. But if I were to write a
> "limited" one that would fit my simple needs (GET only, only HTTP/1.1,
> response in memory, etc.) trying to re-use what already exists in nginx
> code base (asynchronous resolver comes to mind first), how should I proceed
> ? Which parts of the code should I start looking at/take as sample ?
>
> Basically, I think I am asking what is the extension model of njs...

I'm afraid that even a limited one can be quite a difficult task,
since it requires good knowledge not only njs internals but nginx too,
and involves async interaction between njs and nginx.

Anyway, if you're brave enough, then take a look at the existing njs
modules for nginx: http://hg.nginx.org/njs/file/tip/nginx

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev