download logging not captured in access.log

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun Oct 14 05:11:02 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:47:56AM -0400, wld75 wrote:

> I have a server running for client to download and upload files, however i
> am only able to see the upload request logs and download requests not
> captured in the access.log file.

In nginx, two things should be kept in mind when looking into
access logs:

1. Requests are logged into access log once the request is
complete.  This may take a while in some cases.

2. Logging details can be configured in nginx.conf, and may vary
widely from a configuration to configuration.  In particular,
logging can be disabled for particular servers or locations, or
logging can be configured to use different log files for different
requests.

If you don't see download requests being logged, most likely the
problem is that nginx was configured to avoid logging of such
requests, or you are looking into the wrong log file.

http://mdounin.ru/