Nginx as Reverse Proxy for multiple servers binded to proxy using UNIX sockets - how to reached in LAN

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Oct 15 20:23:59 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:59:48PM +0200, Stefan Müller wrote:

Hi there,

I've read over this mail thread, and I confess that I'm quite confused
as to what your remaining specific nginx question is.

If it's not too awkward, could you repeat just exactly what you now wish
to know?

It may make it easier for others to give a useful direct response.

> 4. *nginx*
>    this is the only one remaining. How can I isolate the servers?

I'm not sure what you mean by "isolate the servers", that was not
already answered.

("already answered" was approximately: for each server, run one nginx as
user this-server-user, listening on a unix domain socket. Then run one
nginx initially as user root, which does proxy_pass to the appropriate
unix-domain-socket-server.)

Have I missed something; or are you asking how to do it; or are you
asking why to do it?

Thanks,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org