Custom nginx QoS plugin running before SSL handshake

Sibin Arsenijevic sibin.arsenijevic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:50:45 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

We are using a custom Nginx plugin to tag (setsockopt) response (per domain) traffic from Nginx with QoS DSCP flag and that is working fine, however we are seeing that SSL handshake responses are not getting tagged. Once handshake is done the rest of the responses are tagged as expected.

If I am reading development documentation correctly I would somehow need to tag traffic before stage ngx_http_init_connection() which initiates SSL handshake?
Is this at all possible from Nginx plugin? If so, can you, please, point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance,
Sibin