Nginx caching proxy dns name even when using variables

Rob Fulton rob at cow-frenzy.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 14:27:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

I’ve done some further testing on this today and discovered that the configuration works correctly when the proxy_pass url is accessed via http, I can see dns queries for the proxy_server url every minute as per the ttl. The moment I change the url to https, this stops. Is this a known limitation?

Regards

Rob