Nginx reverse proxy redirection combinations

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Apr 17 12:13:24 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 01:07:53PM +0200, Andr� Auchecorne wrote:

Hi there,

> Could you please help me? I'm trying to figure out if with Nginx Reverse Proxy it is possible to redirect trafic as in the following cases?
>
> 1- IP==>IP

For each of these, I do not understand what you are trying to achieve.

Could you rephrase your question, perhaps giving an example of the
intended input and the desired output?

In general: for http, nginx acts as web server (e.g. issuing http
redirects) or as a reverse proxy (e.g., presenting the content from one
web server as if it came from this web server); while for tcp or udp
("stream"), nginx acts as a proxy (packet forwarder, with rewritten
source/destination).

That summary is incorrect, but hopefully close enough to allow you to
gauge what might be doable.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org