Timeout when upstream response is big

yongtao_you@yahoo.com yongtao_you at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 12:09:28 UTC 2019

Hi,
I have a backend server behind nginx (version 1.12.1) which acts as a reserve proxy. Everything works fine when the responses from the backend is small. However, if the backend server's response is big (> 85K), then the nginx will return the first 85941 bytes in the response body, and then timeout while trying to read the rest of the response from upstream. This happens consistently. And if I hit the backend server directly with the same request, I get back the whole response, instantly.

Did I run into some kind of limit? The nginx config is minimal. Pretty much everything is default. Any hints?

Thanks!
Yongtao