Getting started

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Dec 12 16:42:08 UTC 2019

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 04:34:17PM +0000, James Read wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:24 PM Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

Hi there,

> > If you do
> >
> >   curl -i http://127.0.0.1/
> >
> > what content do you get back? Is it from the file that you want it to be?
> >

> I still get the Welcome to nginx! page.

Your nginx is using a config file.

You made a change to a config file.

Have you any evidence that the config file you changed is the config
file that your nginx is using?

"ps -ef | grep nginx" may show if an explicit config file is being used
("-c" argument).

If not, "nginx -V" should show the "configure arguments", which will
show any --conf-path or --prefix that will indicate the default config
file that nginx will use, if it is not the default-default.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org