NGINX SMTP!

shahzaib mushtaq shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 20:08:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

We want to achieve following with nginx smtp, please let me know if that's
possible and can you help me with that ?

1) Our software will connect to NGinx on port 25 and will authenticate with
the NGinx in the same manner as it would to SMTP Server.
3) NGinx should then authenticate against an internal UserID and Password
and not our Internal SMTP Server.
4) If authenticated it should either accept the email from the software, or
it should pass through the connection to the internal mail server with
authentication that is on our internal mail server so the emails will be
captured in the mailbox created for the software to allow for email
tracking.

I am more concerned about 3rd step, is there some authentication that i can
use to verify request within nginx before it can forward it to internal
mail server?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.