Wordpress not able to display theme properly - FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown"

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Dec 21 10:33:56 UTC 2019

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 06:32:58AM -0500, vikask wrote:

Hi there,

> I am getting the following error in the error log. I think the filename
> being passed has the subdirectory name prepended, which should not happen.

The http request that is logged looks strange to me. Is the "referrer"
value reliable? If so, check the html returned there to see what the
"img src" looks like there.

> client: 110.227.251.142, server: mywebsite.com, request: "GET
> /stage/%20https://mywebsite.com/stage/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/hp_slider_bg-1500x797.jpg
> HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host:
> "fp-academy.in", referrer: "https://fp-academy.in/stage/"

(This does not address any of the nginx config; but it's simplest to
fix one thing at a time. Maybe there is only one thing that needs fixing!)

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org