Redis storage for cache

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Sun Dec 29 08:58:32 UTC 2019

Hi Ragnar,

hope you're doing well.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 10:58:06AM +0100, Ragnar Rova wrote:
> I want to use redis as the storage for the cache instead of the filesystem.
>
> I found a third-party module which seems to offer this:
> https://github.com/openresty/srcache-nginx-module#caching-with-redis, is
> this the recommended solution? Hot requests should be served from memory,
> with redis as a fallback and use to populate the cache on startup.

The solution you've mentioned uses ngx_http_redis module to get data from
a redis database.  Usually, it's possible to increase a stability and per-
formance of a web service by pushing a static content (html, graphics, binary
files) to a redis database and reroute requests from an application server
to the redis.

Please visit https://github.com/osokin/ngx_http_redis, Example 1 for details.

--
Sergey Osokin