Re: I need my “bad user agent” map not to block my rss xml file

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Jan 9 08:20:05 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 07:30:44PM -0800, lists at lazygranch.com wrote:

Hi there,

> Stripping down the nginx.conf file:
>
> server{
> location / {
>  root   /usr/share/nginx/html/mydomain/public_html;
>         if ($badagent)     { return 403; }
> }
> location = /feeds {
>         try_files $uri $uri.xml $uri/ ;
>        }
> }
> The "=" should force an exact match, but the badagent map is checked.

What file on your filesystem is your rss xml file?

Is it something other than /usr/local/nginx/html/feeds or
/usr/local/nginx/html/feeds.xml?

And what request do you make to fetch your rss xml file?

Do things change if you move the "root" directive out of the "location"
block so that it is directly in the "server" block?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org