share cookies between servers

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Jan 10 23:01:31 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 05:14:17PM +0800, David Ni wrote:

Hi there,

>     I have one requirement right now,we are using nginx with ldap auth
> my requirement is that whether datanode02.bddev.test.net datanode03.bddev.test.net
can share cookies between each other,

Read about http cookies, and the "domain" attribute/directive of them.

If you decide that the benefits to you are worth more than the costs to
you, then find whatever part of your system sets the cookies (creates
the Set-Cookie: header), and change that to add a suitable "Domain=" string.

That part of your system is probably not nginx-provided C-code.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org