Default TLS v1.3 support in nginx 1.13.0+ Pre-Built packages

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sat Jan 12 02:43:07 UTC 2019

Hello!

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:44:30AM +0100, Leonard via nginx wrote:

> I would be glad if nginx 1.13.0+ were to be compiled by default with
> openssl 1.1.1, so that by default the TLS v1.3 support is activated.
> This concerns the Pre-Built packages in the nginx repository.
>
> I'm running Debian GNU/Linux 9.6 (stretch).

Packages in the nginx repository are compiled with OpenSSL as
shipped by default in the particular OS.  As such, nginx on Debian
9 is compiled with OpenSSL 1.1.0f.

OpenSSL 1.1.1 is currently available in Ubuntu 18.10, and
corresponding nginx package as available from nginx.org are built
with OpenSSL 1.1.1.

http://mdounin.ru/