Integration of gprof for Nginx dynamic module

bhagavathula nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sat Jul 20 07:18:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to integrate gprof for testing the performance of our nginx
dynamic module developed in C. I am trying to include the -pg flag during
compilation as follows:
./configure --with-debug --with-compat --add-dynamic-module=<Our Dyn Module
code> --prefix=<Nginx dir> --with-cc-opt="-I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/
-I/usr/include/ .. <other options> ..  -pg" --with-ld-opt="<dependent libs>
-pg"

I am able to see gmon.out file getting created, but that does not include
the profiling information of our dynamic module code. Only the Core nginx
methods prof information is displayed.

Can someone please help me for this.

Thanks,
Phanee