getting POST data

merlit64 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Jun 5 00:34:10 UTC 2019

I have a header/body filter module that I have created that successfully
modifies HTML as it passes through while being proxied by proxy_pass.

client ---- NGINX proxy with filter --- html server

I need to use information in an http POST to make decisions on how to modify
the body.  I see how to get parameters for a GET request.  That information
is available to me in r->args.data.  How do I access the arguments (or
parameters) for a POST?  I know they are encoding in the HTTP body for a
POST, so it makes sense that they are not in r->args->data.  How do I access
POST parameters in a body/header filter module?

Thanks in advance!

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,284456,284456#msg-284456