Possible memory leak?

wkbrad nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Mar 12 18:09:06 UTC 2019

Hey Maxim,

First of all, thanks so much for your insights into this and being patient
with me.  :)  I'm just trying to understand the issue and what can be done
about it.

Can you explain to me what you mean by this?
> you can configure system allocator to use mmap()

I'm not a C programmer so correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Nginx
code determine which memory allocator it uses?

If not can you point me to an article that describes how to do that as I
would like to test it?

Also, you seem to be saying that Nginx IS attempting to free the memory but
is not able to due to the way the OS is allocating memory or refusing to
release the memory.  I've tested this in several Linux distros, kernels, and
Nginx versions and I see the same behavior in all of them.  Do you know of
an OS or specific distro where Nginx can release the old memory allocations
correctly?  I would like to test that too.  :)

Thanks!

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,283216,283362#msg-283362