Caching with SSL Enabled Runs Slowly

careygister careygister at outlook.com
Thu Mar 21 00:24:19 UTC 2019

I have a server with SSL enabled. It has caching enabled and fetches data
from an upstream server.

With SSL disabled, the downstream server reads and caches the data from the
upstream server very quickly -- as quickly as the upstream server can return
it. With SSL enabled, the downstream server fetches much more slowly. In
fact, it appears that the downstream server is waiting for the client to
request the data before reading and caching the data from the upstream
server.

What is going on and what can I do to increase throughput to the upstream
server, and ultimately, my clients?

Thanks,

Carey

--