Where does the content get stored?

waleedkh nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Mar 22 06:59:29 UTC 2019

Ok thanks that is interesting. The way I configured Nginx on the front end
is as such:

[code]

upstream ruby_application  {
  ip_hash;
  server 10.0.0.21:9000 max_fails=1 fail_timeout=10s;
  server 10.0.0.22:9000 max_fails=1 fail_timeout=10s;

[/code]

and then

[code]

 include fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_param APP_ENV prod;
    fastcgi_read_timeout 300;
    fastcgi_pass ruby_application;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

[/code]

The entire web application sites in /var/www/html on the front end server
(config above)
As well as both back end servers on 10.0.0.21 and 10.0.0.2 in /var/www/html

If I remove the directory /var/www/html on the back end severs, the site
doesn't load ( page not found)
I thought the content was only being served on the front end but it looks
like the content needs to be on all the servers.

That makes sense if it is pushing the requests to the other servers and it
needs to server it.

My question is if the web application needs to be updated, should the code
be updated on all the servers that is hosting the content?

Seems a bit much so maybe I am missing something.

Thanks.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,283437,283475#msg-283475