SSL and Slice Module

careygister nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu May 9 21:30:00 UTC 2019

I am using the slice module to request data from an upstream server. My
clients are connecting over SSL. With a non-SSL connection, nginx reads the
slices from the upstream server as quickly as it can deliver them. Over SSL
connections, slices are read incrementally only as quickly as the client can
consume them.

Can anyone explain this behavior and tell me how to change it so that the
SSL client behaves more like the non-SSL client?

This is a problem for clients because they have to 'wait' for data over SSL
connections whereas over non-SSL connections the data is available
immediately.

Thanks,

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,284116,284116#msg-284116