Port Exhaustion - SQL

Brandon Mallory brandonm at medent.com
Thu May 16 14:11:20 UTC 2019

That is what I was thinking, I am having an issue with the listen directive, what should I use since the local port is "random" also for

split_clients "$remote_addr$remote_port" $split_ip

I cant use remote address since its a local address ?? same with port ?

This is what I have been trying and have not had any luck

upstream backend {
server 192.168.99.19:3306;
}
server {
listen 3306
proxy_pass backend;
proxy_bind $split_ip;
}

split_clients "$remote_addr$remote_port" $split_ip {
50% 192.168.99.17;
50% 192.169.99.21;
}

Best Regards,
Brandon Mallory
Network & Systems Engineer
MEDENT EMR/EHR
15 Hulbert Street
Auburn, NY 13021
Phone: [ callto:(315)-255-0900 | (315)-255-0900 ]
Fax: [ callto:(315)-255-3539 | (315)-255-3539 ]
Web: [ http://www.medent.com/ | www.medent.com ]

This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail.