Mail Proxy with Multiple Mail Domains

Phillip Odam phillip.odam at nitorgroup.com
Thu Nov 14 01:10:28 UTC 2019

The only issue we encountered using the nginx Mail auth api was in finding
out what encoding is used for the header values. In Java we currently use
the following to decode the password

password = URLDecoder.decode(password.replaceAll("\\+", "%2b"), "UTF-8");

My understanding is that nginx encodes some characters in the typical %XX
form (where X is a hexadecimal character) but leaves + as +, so when
decoding, + is incorrectly decoded to space. That’s what the code above
resolves.